Giving the right Mother’s Day gift is important.
A Great Mother's Day Gift should communicate ‘I love you’ and ‘thank you’ without being mundane. As simple as that sounds, finding or creating a Great Mother's Day gift is far from easy. In fact, some people spend tremendous amounts of time and money to make sure that Mother’s Day goes off without a hitch. The gift, the restaurant, and the entire experience are planned with a feverish attention to detail, and if everything goes precisely to plan, then mom will be in for an unforgettable day.
Unfortunately, no matter how careful and diligent the planner, “even the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.” Sometimes the Mother’s Day train derails from poor execution or plain ol’ bad luck and sometimes the gift is just wrong. The road to disastrous Mother’s Days from years past is paved with the remnants of these ill-fated, sad, plans gone awry. Remember, we must learn from history, or we are doomed to repeat it, and with that in mind, we present the Ten Worst Mother’s Day Gifts of all time. Here they are:
The Ten Worst Mother’s Day Gifts of All Time
- A copy of Momma Trauma: Why I am the Way I Am, an autobiography of your troubled childhood.
- Five incontinent puppies
- Your childhood scab collection
- A Macaroni collage of various low cost assisted living communities
- Vacuum cleaner
- Assorted Tube tops AND a Diet Book
- A homemade perfume made from Sauerkraut and Horseradish
- A t-shirt that says “Childbirth: not that hard”
- A duffle bag full of your dirty laundry with a note that says: “you know what to do with this.”
- Novelty mug that says “World’s ____ Mom.” and a dry erase marker. Tell her that you fill in the blank depending on your mood.
If you’re really committed to showing off what a terrific author you are, then by all means, give the woman who brought you into this world her own, personally-signed copy of Momma Trauma. If you’ve never heard the phrase, “I brought you into this world and I can take you out,” then get ready, because we’re pretty sure you’ll hear it soon enough.
However, if you’re looking for a Great Mother’s Day gift, then check out Kahn’s Mother's Day Gift Baskets.
Make May 13, 2012 the best Mother’s Day yet.
Mom’s worth it.